WILIDEBEST MIGRATION DURING CALVING SEASON
BEST PROGRAME FOR PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS
Day 1: Arrival
Arrive in Arusha. Transfer to the Arumeru River Lodge for the night.
Day 2: Lake Manyara National Park
Leave for Ngorongoro with an en route Day Tour Safari to Manyara National Park. Arrive at The Plantation Lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Ngorongoro Crater
Depart with your packed lunch to explore the unique Ngorongoro Crater. Dinner and overnight at the Ngorongoro Highland Camp.
Day 4: Empakai
Drive to Empakai crater through a beautiful landscape dotted with Maasai settlements. You will experience a pristine environment far from the hustle and bustle of modern life and of tourism. You will be led by an armed Ranger for your hike around the crater lake and through the forest.
Dinner and overnight at Highland Camp.
Day 5: Serengeti National Park
Drive to the southern plains of the Serengeti. This is known as the Ndutu region which lies between the Ngorongoro conservation area and the Serengeti National park. The Ndutu area is unique during this time of the year (December to March) with hundreds of thousands of gnus and zebras, thousands of Thomson and Grant’s gazelles, as well as a remarkable number of cheetahs and lions. Off-roading is permitted at this time of year in order to maximize experiences of the animals. This is why most photographers prefer to visit between December and March as the area is green and teeming with wildlife.
Dinner and overnight at either Ndutu Safari Lodge or Lake Masek Tented Lodge.
Days 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10: Southern Serengeti
Full day of game viewing in the area.
Day 11: Central Serengeti
Drive to the Central Serengeti for a full day of game viewing, ending the day at Kubukubu Tented Lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 12: Serengeti
Full day game drive in the Central Seronera area to search for leopards and more lions.
Day 13: Departure
Drive to the Seronera Airstrip for a flight to Arusha.
End of the program.
Please Note: The itinerary itemized above is simply a sample. Simalanga Africa Travel will be happy to adjust this itinerary to suit your special interests and wishes.
- Full board accommodation while on safari in tented camps and lodges
- Private guide and driver
- Transfers from and to the International Airport
- Park fees
- Airport Arrival/Departure Meet and Greets at the airport
- On safari – Vehicles equipped with ice chest with mineral water, wildlife guidebook, karibuni welcome packet with useful information for all guests. Assistance with photography using your own camera, if requested.
- Government taxes, VAT and service charges relating to accommodation and included meals
- Tanzania Visa
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours
- Items of a personal nature
- (Optional. If required, please request before start of trip). On departure: photographic record of trip on USB stick. Photographs taken by guide with guide’s camera