Day 1: Dar es Salaam
On arrival at Dar es Salaam Airport, you will be met by our Team and transferred to the Dar es Salaam Serena Hotel for an overnight stay.
Days 2 & 3: Selous National Game Reserve
On Day 2, you will transfer to the Airport and fly to Selous, Africa’s largest game reserve, which probably contains the greatest concentration of big game animals left in the world. On arrival, transfer to Selous Safari Camp featuring just 13 luxurious tents on wooden platforms, pool, restaurant and relaxing bar/lounge area. During your stay you can enjoy boat safaris in flat-bottomed boats along the river. A ranger guide accompanies you and you can watch the animals come to drink at the river while you relax in your boat. Game walks and game drives in the camp’s own open 4×4 vehicles with experienced and knowledgeable rangers will provide plenty of opportunity to see some of the huge variety of animals that live in the park. Elephant, lion, bushbuck, giraffe, buffalo, wild hunting dogs and a large concentration of hippo can be found here.
Days 4 & 5: Ruaha
Fly by light aircraft to the remote wilderness of Ruaha National Park for two nights at Jongomero Camp. Set under acacias in a remote area of the park, Jongomero Camp guarantees unmatched privacy. Just eight large tents are luxuriously appointed, while the natural rock pool is a popular feature on hot days. Look out for huge herds of buffalo, beautiful sable antelope, wild hunting dogs and many elephants. In addition, lion, leopard and cheetah are regularly sighted on game drives. Enjoy game viewing in open 4×4 vehicles or on optional escorted walks.
Day 6: Departure
Fly by light aircraft from Ruaha to Dar es Salaam for your return flight.
- Full board accommodation while on safari in tented camps and lodges
- Private guide and driver
- Transfers from and to the International Airport
- Park fees
- Airport Arrival/Departure Meet and Greets at the airport
- On safari – Vehicles equipped with ice chest with mineral water, wildlife guidebook, karibuni welcome packet with useful information for all guests. Assistance with photography using own camera, if requested.
- Government taxes, VAT and service charges relating to accommodation and included meals
- Tanzania Visa
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours
- Items of a personal nature
- (Optional. If required, please request before start of trip). On departure: photographic record of trip on USB stick. Photographs taken by guide with guide’s camera.