Tanzania Southern Circuit
Day 1 : Dar es Salaam to Selous
We will take a domestic flight from Dar es Salaam to Selous Game Reserve and, in the afternoon, enjoy a game drive.
Day 2 : Selous: morning and afternoon safari activities
Selous is rugged and remote and far from the crowds. It is the largest wildlife conservation area in Africa and, together with neighbouring Mikumi and Udzungwa National Parks, forms an area as big as Switzerland. The variety of habitats in Selous, including Miombo woodlands, grasslands, forests and swamps, are home to a wide selection of wildlife such as elephants, black rhinos, cheetahs, giraffes, hippos and crocodiles.
Day 3: Fly from Selous to Mikumi National Park
Today we fly from Selous to Mikumi National Park and, in the afternoon, enjoy a game drive. Mikumi is intersected by the Tanzam highway, dividing the park in two sections. The northwest is flat with grassy plains while the south is more bushy and undulating. On the game drive you can expect to see kudus, sable antelopes and some of the 400 bird species of the park.
Day 4: Mikumi
Today you have the full day to explore Mikumi National Park on extensive game drives.
Day 5 : Flight from Mikumi to Dar
After breakfast, you will be dropped off at the airstrip for your flight to Dar es Salaam.
- Full board accommodation while on safari in tented camps and lodges
- Private guide and driver
- Transfers from and to the International Airport
- Domestic flights
- Park fees
- Airport Arrival/Departure Meet and Greets at the airport
- On safari – Vehicles equipped with ice chest with mineral water, wildlife guidebook, karibuni welcome packet with useful information for all guests. Assistance with photography using your own camera, if requested.
- Government taxes, VAT and service charges relating to accommodation and included meals
- Tanzania Visa
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours
- Items of a personal nature
- (Optional. If required, please request before start of trip). On departure: photographic record of trip on USB stick. Photographs taken by guide with guide’s camera.